Did you know there is a dental procedure that can paint a material on your teeth to coat and protect them from future damage? It’s called a dental sealant, and it works by having a special gel applied to your teeth which is hardened with a special light. After it is hardened, bacteria and harmful acids are much less likely to cause tooth decay or cavities. Sealants offer the following benefits:
– Studies have shown that sealants can reduce the risk of tooth decay in molars by 80%.
– According to the Center for Disease Control, children without sealants are 3 times more likely to develop cavities.
– Sealants can prevent acids from penetrating your tooth enamel.
– Sealants can be applied at all ages, starting with children around the age of 6, which is the time their first molars come in.
– Sealants can last up to a decade before they need to be repaired and reapplied.
– Many sealants are clear and can be applied without leaving any unsightly noticeable appearance.
Are you ready to protect your molars from future decay? To discuss your dental sealant options with Dr. Nieku Manshadi and the rest of our team at Hill Country Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics, simply book an appointment at our dentist office in Bee Cave, Texas. Our number is 254.655.6554, and we look forward to protecting your smile.